From:
David Runnion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 02:53:00 +0200
Hello folks, I've been taking a kind of haitus from the music lists,
the mp3 picks, the websites.  A variety of personal and professional
things have been keeping me a very busy in the RT world, and I apologize
to those whose emails I haven't returned, whose projects I haven't been
able to work on, and anyone who might have been following our little
mp3 recommendations.  The serafinotrio.com site is still down, due to
changeover in servers, but should be up in a couple of days.  The mp3.com
site is alive and well, though it has suffered a little from my lack of
attention; we have slipped dramatically in the charts!

So, back from the dead, here are some new mp3 picks, hope you enjoy
them!

Debussy   Images 1, mv.1 Reflets dans l'eau
Elena Kuschnerova, piano
Elena's page is one of the biggest on the entire site, encompassing live
and studio recordings, chamber music, and literally hundreds of selections.
Hours and hours of excellent playing and some unusual repertoire.  Be sure
to hit the "Music" link on all these pages to go to the artist's full page.
http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/52/52323.html

Bach  Air   Rococo String Quartet
Actually performed on the G string!  I'm not sure I ever heard it played
all on the g string before.
http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/840/840262.html

Improvisation  -- Duo Cantico (flute and piano)
Give it a whirl. Also on their page, Kuhlau, Faure, and Poulenc, as well
as many other improvs.
http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/840/840262.html

David Runnion
http://mp3.com/serafinotrio