From:
Peter Ramson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2006 14:23:11 -0400
Enjoying Svetlanov's Melodiya Tchaikovsky symphony cycle I like to buy
his late digital cycle from Canyon Classics.  Some reviewers call his
Canyon Classics cycle his 'musical testament'.  Taking a look at hmv.co.jp
I was surprised to find out Svetlanov has recorded two cycles in the
1990s for Canyon Classics.  One seems to be recorded in the studio the
other one live in Tokyio.  Since each symphony of both cycles is available
seperatly I wonder which recordings to pick.

Has anyone heard performances from both cycles?

Thanks in advance,
Peter Ramson