From:
Denis Fodor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 15:24:51 -0400
 Billy Kitson writes:

>I have never lived in the Area around Venice, Rome, Vienna, etc., So will
>someone who has (Does?) &amp; knows the weather = Care to Comment?? Did
>"The Red Priest" have a over-vivid imagination??

I live a six hours' drive from Venice.  Consequently I've been there
more times than I would care to count and at a great variety of times of
year.  The _prete rosso's_ (readhead's) city does have four fairly distinct
seasons and each in its own way can offer extremes.  Summer days can be
hot, sultry and thunderous; winters can be blustery, cold and marked by
flooding as gale tides whip into the city.  But in the cafes on St Mark's
square the music keeps on playing, as does the organ, and the choir
singing, in the cathedral-- but unfortunately no yet again does the
music resound at La Fenice.

Denis Fodor                     Internet:[log in to unmask]