From:
Norman Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 12:19:28 EDT
Walter Meyer writes (so very much better than did I before reading his
posting):

>I viewed *Amadeus*, both the play and the movie, as Salieri's observation
>of a capricious God.  ...  Maybe the message came across that way only to
>me.  I thought there was some depth to it.

No No!, Not you alone, and not only you and I, but everyone approaching
the play and the film with an open mind and sensitive soul!  We should note
that Salieri was no mean slouch.  None other than Beethoven studied vocal
music with F. Murray Abraham AND dedicated his op. 12 violin sonatas in
a show of appreciation and perhaps acknowledgment to the powerful court
Kappelmeister.

Norman