From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 23:03:54 -0500
Daryl Loomis wrote:

>Considering the state of contemporary "classical" music, I was wondering
>what the opinions of people on this forum would be on Electronic music.
>...  Basically, I'm not sure where to draw the line between computerized
>classical and "techno music."  It seems to me to be almost a case-by-case
>basis, but there has to be some kind of guideline.

Well, Daryl, I don't think that there is a guideline.There is some
electro-acoustic music (as it is now politically correct to call it) that
I really enjoy. I find that I enjoy most that which has some defineable
form, or that which breaks some new ground (or did so at the time of its
composition) in the world of sound.  Here are some of my faves:

Subotnik: Silver Apples of the Moon
 The Key to Songs

Stockhausen: Kontakt

I am not too familiar with much more, but these are rather interesting at
least to my ears.

Kevin Sutton