From:
Gerardo Constantini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 14:43:55 -0500
Donald Saltz wrote:

>I think Vivaldi's music is as good as that of most other baroque composers
>but does not reach the level of Couperin, Rameau, Telemann, and a few
>others, and is just uninspired compared to Bach and Handel.

Uhmm...  Interesting opinion on Vivaldi's music.  I think,if we compare
any Barroque music with Bach's music,is like Casius Clay fighting against
a 90 pounds weigthing teen ager.  Anyway one more time the problem of taste
and preferences.For me Haendel (despite i like his music),is by far less
inspired than Vivaldi.And if this music is less inspired,why Bach took so
much "inspiration" from Vivaldi's music,and made transcriptions of it?.
That 4 pianos concerto is great.  Best wishes.

Gerardo:.