From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 18:11:58 -0800
John Smyth ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>Question: Did the Borodin Quartet record them *all* a second time, so
>that Virgin will re-release the rest?

Is this a trick question? AFAIK they didn't record them *all* the
first time, as only 1-13 had actually been written. (This is certainly
the case with my LP set on EMI).

The second cycle is of 1-15 I believe.

>Just to make sure I get an answer:)
>
>1) Are the repeat signs observed....

I take the fifth.

>2) Did the same person who poisoned Mozart poison Shostakovich....

No. Shostakovich was never a Mason.

>3) Is it true what Norman Lebrecht says about Shostakovich and Stalin
> having an intimate relationship....

You need to ask?

>4) Does the Borodin Quartet use catgut strings from authentic Russian
> Cats....

No, because the Glorious People's Strings Factory needed the sales.

>5)Because life is so hard here in California, (the temperature dipped below
>70 today), will Virgin provide me with enough access points to the music on
>the CD, or should I just end it all ahead of time....(sigh)

Yes, but do you have two live performance of Mahler 8 to look forward
to next month?

Deryk Barker