From:
David Harbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 12:56:06 +0100
I listened (three times!) yesterday to the Cleveland orchestra's
jaw-dropping Rite of Spring under Chailly.  The wide randing recording
and sheer virtuosity of the playing - as if a single imprument - were
truly impressive.

I can see whay some people claim the Cleveland Orchestra are the best
in the world.

I have these Cleveland Orchestra recordings whihc are all impressive for
the technical qulaities of the orchestra.  Are there any others I should
especailly look out for?

- Stravinsky Rite of Spring (Chailly, Decca)
- Ravel Piano Concerto in G (Zimmerman, Boulez, DG)
- Stravinsky Fairy's Kiss (Knussen, Shelton, DG)
- Mozart symphs 35, 40 & 41 (Szell)

They don't seem to make as many recordings as they used to.  However, I
see a Belioz Romeo & Juliette under Boulez is comming up.

Kind regards,

David Harbin
Nottingham, UK