From:
Jocelyn Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 12:35:20 -0700
We perform classical works by living composers quite often at Culver
Chamber Music Series.  Our most recent concert featured the world premieres
of two excellent string quartets, Kathy Mackie's "Classically Speaking..."
(very much in the style of the classical period) and the remarkable B Minor
Quartet No. 2 in one movement by R.C.  Barrows, whose music can be heard
at www.bigfoot.com/~RRRRComposer.  (Are there any recording executives on
this list? Someday, some company is going to notice this Barrows, and I
predict spectacular results, both for him and for classical music.)

Jocelyn Wang
Culver Chamber Music Series
www.bigfoot.com/~CulverMusic