From:
Tony Duggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2005 12:24:17 +0100
Jane Erb writes in answer to:

>Ron Chaplin asks:
>
>>BTW, whatever did happen to Charlotte Church? I'm hoping that she's
>>been able to distance herself from all of the people who were exploiting
>>her, her parents chief among them. I'm also hoping that, after a period
>>of resting her voice, she has been taking voice lessons. Anyone know?
>
>I think she's recording pop music now. No loss to classical music.

It's debatable if she is even doing that.  She is in the UK tabloid
newspapers (not that I read them, of course) a couple of times each
week photographed coming out of various nightclubs, sometimes sober and
sometimes not.  The angle of "fallen angel" is a gift to the newspapers
especially now that at 18 she has access to all the loot she made when
a child.  The voice must have been degraded by her heavy cigarette habit.
Hayley Westenra has rather taken her crown and, it has to be said, is a
much better singer than CC ever was if you like that kind of thing.

Tony Duggan