From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 06:11:15 -0700
It usually signifies the feeling that what they have to offer is not good
enough on its own.  So they sell 'sex appeal' instead.  I don't know.  Do
we expect to take seriously pictures of Volodos or Kissin or Zimerman or Yo
Yo or, in his day, Horowitz, if they pose seductively? No, it would just
look silly and strangely reliant on something that has nothing to do with
the music.

Besides, straight men would be less likely to buy CDs with album covers of
men posing that way (especially some of the men we've seen)

- A
http://www.andrys.com/books.html
Search Classical CDs, Sheet Music, Videos