From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 22:03:44 PDT
Derek provided a list of record labels.  Before getting into the heavy
issue of label favorites, I noticed that Sony and CBS were listed; am I
missing something?

For my preferred seven labels:

1.  CPO - Non-mainstream repertoire, much of which I like.

2.  DG(including Archiv) - Some great artists, particularly Gardiner.

3.  Harmonia Mundi - Their Handel recordings.

4.  Hyperion - Much excellent non-mainstream repertoire plus Robert King
in Handel.

5.  Marco Polo - Non-mainstream and a strong emphasis on Spohr.

6.  Philips - Brendel and Uchida.

7.  Teldec - Harnoncourt and a repertoire which matches me well.

Being of contrary nature, I have to mention Delos as a label which
I haven't bought for many years.  Their combination of repertoire and
package advertising keep them off my property.

Don Satz