From:
"William J. Karzas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 12:02:43 -0800

In reply, Don Satz wrote:

>My reference materials say that he did record it with Coates as the
>conductor on a Biddulph recording - LHW 036.  Whether it's still in print
>is another matter.

May I respectfully suggest that Don's sources are in error, or misread.
Horowitz recorded the 3rd concerto with Coates, which is probably on
the Biddulph CD cited.  AFAIK, he never recorded the 2nd.  There is a
(remaindered at Berkshire Record Outlet) Biddulph Rach 2nd with Rubinstein
& Stokowski at the Hollywood Bowl in 1950.  Regards,

Bill Karzas                     [log in to unmask]