From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 14:21:47 +1000
Phil Haldeman asked:

>Anyone know where one can download computer desktop wallpaper with a
>classical theme? Or a site that has large, high quality pictures of
>composers, orchestras, etc., that can be used for same?

Some time back, a lister asked for a web site for the Hartmann paintings
that inspired Pictures at an Exhibition, having drawn a blank (no pun
intended) with several search engines.  I downloaded those that were at
the site (UK, I think) that someone supplied and remember that with a bit
of tweaking, the Great Gate of Kiev looked quite attractive as wallpaper.
I no longer have the URL but a trawl through the archives should locate it.

Richard Pennycuick