From:
Joyce Maier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 21:04:51 +0100
Jocelyn Wang wrote, in response to John Dalmas:

>>I haven't seen any reference to William Kinderman's recent biography in
>>which he suggests obliquely that the "Immortal Beloved" is Art itself.
>>Now how's that for an answer, that the composer's eternal feminine is none
>>other than his muse!  It certainly raises the subject above the level of
>>country matters.
>
>Well, then, it's no wonder Beethoven looked forward to their reunion in
>Karsbad after having separated in Prague.

"Worse", for it's not very likely that he looked forward to their reunion
in Karlsbad.  Oh yes, it's obvious that he looked forward to the reunion,
however, not in Karlsbad.  The mysterious K in Beethoven's letter mostly
is explained as Karlsbad, but once again that's jumping to conclusions, for
the travelling time of the mail coach, also mentioned by Beethoven, doesn't
fit to Karlsbad.  I did some research for possible other Ks in Bohemia and
not unsuccessfully.  There are other possibilities.  Suppose the unknown
woman was in one of those other towns/places.  That would mean the final
bomb under Solomon's hypothesis, for we know for sure that Antonie was in
Karlsbad.

Joyce Maier
www.ademu.com/Beethoven