From:
Robert Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:32:51 +0100
Mary Powers wrote to my question:

>>Which musical stuff do you others use when you find yourself in a state
>>of sadness and when words are not yet there to be spoken?
>
>I'm sorry, I don't understand the question.  There are some musical pieces
>that I use to reflect my sense of sadness, and then there are others that
>I use for comfort.

It is interesting that you differentiate between these two.  I for one feel
comforted by music that reflects my sadness.  Maybe a question of different
character.  But maybe it is not really correct what I've written now.  The
music I choose when being sad is more contemplative than sad.  Really sad
music (like the Adagio from the Moonlight sonata) make me sadder than I was
before listening.  I never listen to Winterreise when I feel lonely.

Robert