From:
Jocelyn Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 18:06:16 -0700
Jeffrey Hall <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Well, when I saw that Bach disc, I thought "Boy, this woman obviously can't
>play the violin all that well or else should would be clothed properly."

When I saw that disc (with a nude Lara St.  John holding a violin in front
of her breasts) I thought, "Boy, this woman is obviously trying to sell her
CD." That's all there was to it, and there was nothing wrong with that.

I have a problem with the whole premise of this thread.  Since when is
sexuality low? It isn't low, it is beautiful.  I take issue with any
self-appointed Guardian of the Public Morality who wants to decide what
forms of expression should take place.  If Miss Mutter cares to grace a
CD cover with a bit of her sexuallity, then anyone who doesn't like it
is perfectly free not to buy her CD, or even look at it.

>The less clothing you wear, the less music talent you possess.

That's ridiculous.  By that line of reasoning, all any of us would have
to do to become extremely talented would be to wear layer upon layer of
clothing.

Jocelyn Wang
Culver Chamber Music Series
www.bigfoot.com/~CulverMusic