From:
Bob Kosovsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 18:23:11 -0500
The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts presents

ARTURO TOSCANINI: HOMAGE TO THE MAESTRO

Seth B. Winner, sound engineer of the Toscanini Legacy since 1988,
presents rare and unique audio selections from the collection, housed
in the Library's Rodgers & Hammerstein Archives of Recorded Sound.

Thursday, January 18, 2007 at 6 PM
This program will highlight rehearsals, broadcast and non-broadcast
concerts from the incomparable Toscanini Legacy Collection, digitally
restored for this presentation.

Saturday, January 20, 2007 at 3 PM
This program will focus on Toscanini' last concert (April 4, 1954),
as well as the memorial broadcast presnted the day after his death.

Admission is free and first come, first served.  Please call (212)
642-0142 for further information.

These programs are presented in commemoration of the 50th anniversary
of the death of Arturo Toscanini (1867-1957).  A related exhibition will
open in the Library's Astor Gallery on February 20, 2007:

http://www.nypl.org/research/calendar/exhib/lpa/lpaexhibdesc.cfm?id=441

   Listowner: OPERA-L ; SMT-TALK ; SMT-ANNOUNCE ; SoundForge-users