From:
Didrik Schiele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 09:09:06 +0100
Hiya!  what are peoples opinions on Ellington? Is he classical music? If
not, why not? Which was his best period, cooperating with Louie Armstrong
or the woodwinders of the 30ies like Bigard and Johny Hodges? Was he a
better pianist than orchestrator?

I think Ellington made some very ambitious and genial contributions to
musci which well sorts under Classical Music.  As you can guess I love
Ellingtons music, and I wanted to see what others think.

Didrik Schiele