From:
Dave Pitzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 10:43:43 -0800
Hello all, I'm new to this list but it has been highly recommended.

I've recently heard several "snippets" of music performed by a boy's
choir.  This is a very distinctive sound most often associated -- in my
mind anyway -- with Christmas music.  But what I've been hearing (without
any attribution as to composer or performers) is more "modern" and secular
sounding.  As I say, it's a distinctive and intriguing sound -- especially
when removed from the "Carols at King's College" context.

There is, of course, the boys' choir section from Britten's "War Requiem",
but this is not what I've heard -- although similar.

Does anyone have suggestions as to what I may have heard (difficult, I
know, with what I given here)??

Thanks,

Dave P.