From:
William Strother <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 13:07:13 -0800
Richard Pennycuick wrote:

>...  The performers may influence you, eg the symphonies are all conducted
>by Neville Marriner, whose star has faded in recent years, I think it's
>fair to say.  ...

I don't think Marriner's star has faded (as you put it) so much as that
he has already recorded them all, and in fine quality sound, so that he
Doesn't make news, his recordings are all out there.  I don't own them,
but I'm considering it.

As far as recordings of the earlier symphonies go (up to #24), aside from
Marriner, Mackerras should be just fine.

Bill S