From:
Joel Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2006 10:25:56 -0400
I recently paid for and downloaded the Sibelius Violin Concerto on BIS
with Sylvia Marcovici.

I had never heard of her and her version went right to the top of my
favorite performance of this work.  I did several searches for her on
the internet, and didn't find too much information.  Maybe there is more
about her in the liner notes for this and other violin concertos.  I
gather that she is no spring chicken from the dates of her recordings
and the conductors she has performed with.

Does anyone have any info about her (Marcovici sometimes spelled
Marcovicci)?

One reviewer said something like "the expected romantic indulgences" but
it isn't clear whether he was referring to Marcovici or the conductor.

Joel Hill
Tallahassee, FL - USA