From:
Eric Kisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 14:19:33 -0400
I found their customer service to be piss-poor and dropped out.  Also, they
have much less of interest to offer the classical collector than BMG.  And
for months I was getting their rock catalogs!  More hype than substance,
alas, and on the Net, there's no place to hide.  Have other listers had
similar or different experiences?

I agree with Ray Bayles' comments re the record clubs.  I think BMG has the
better deals and you can also look for super specials online.  Currently
there is Solti's Ring for $42 (approx) and the complete Kapell set for
under $27.  But you have to add postage of about $2.30 per CD, with some
breaks on multiple sets.  If you ever hesitated on either of these sets
because of cost, now is the time to leap!  I just pity the members who
only a few months ago, bought these sets at full price.

Eric Kisch