From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 12:16:55 -0600
Donald Satz wrote:

>...  there's a lot of room for all topics concerning classical music.
>As for "reports of happenings", those are prime "snoozers" for me.
>Regardless, if you want a particular subject on the list, write it up.

I think that the problem with "happenings reports" on this list is the
wide geographical spread of listmembers.  I could write about the Dallas
Symphony and my own Helios Ensemble all day, but I know of only two or
three list members who could actually make it to Dallas to hear them.
I am all for live music.  (Believe me I am, it's how I make a living) but
it seems a little useless to talk about things that the majority of our
members cannot practically come to enjoy.  Recordings, on the other hand,
are available to almost everyone.

Kevin Sutton