From:
Joyce Maier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:12:57 +0100
Hector Aguilar <[log in to unmask]> wrote, in response to me:

>>One word: bad. Don't buy it.

>Would you expound on this a little?  What I have sometimes disliked about
>Mutter's playing is how hysterical she sometimes sounds, sometimes to
>the point where she sounds like she's lost control of the violin; but a
>couple of years ago she went around performing the cycle of B's sonatas,
>and my friend who heard her said it was perhaps the best performance of
>the sonatas he had ever heard.  ...

Obviously we have a very different taste, for I also strongly dislike her
B sonatas. I really consider them the worst performance I have ever heard
and she plays the concerto in the style she used for the sonatas. So maybe
my dislike of the concerto is a recommendation to you.

Joyce Maier
www.ademu.com/Beethoven