From:
Patrick Nilsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 09:48:07 +0100
deryk barker ([log in to unmask]) asked:

>Do you apply this to composers? LIke Mozart, Schubert, Purcell...

The question seems obvious but it isn't.  What I'm getting at is that
people grow.  They change their perspectives in life and they get wiser.
Not by nature, some fail in this quest of their own truth and just like
Kafka did, these people will erode.

Yes, I believe it is applicable to composers since I do appreciate the late
Mozart more with Die Zauberflote and The Clarinet Concerto; I do appreciate
the late Beethoven and his late string quartets more and I do appreciate
more the late Strauss when he is creating Vier Letzte Lieder.

Patrick ([log in to unmask])