From:
Denis Fodor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 09:30:32 -0400
Roy Ellefsen wants...

>...some entry-level Zemlinsky recommendations.  I thought that I might
>benefit from extending that request to all Zemlinksy lovers.  What do you
>recommend?

I don't know whether the following qualifies as entry-level, but I have
Sechs Gesaenge (Op 13) on DG and find them _very_ easy to take.  They
feature Anne Sophie von Otter at her seductive best doing some sultry texts
that call for precisely that.  North German Symphony, John Eliot Gardiner.
(If the Gesaenge don't do the trick, then despair not; the disc also offers
the same performers doing Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen and the Rueckert
Lieder.)

Denis Fodor                             Internet:[log in to unmask]