From:
"Tore F. Steenslid" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 20:49:23 +0200
Don wrote:

>I'm not personally negative about the photo; I find it appealing, very
>appealing.  But, I do feel that it's in the cause of purient interest (I've
>got plenty of that), and I assume that the motivation of DG is to "sell"
>Mutter not only as one of our outstanding violinists, but also as a very
>"hot/accessible" chick.  What do you folks think of this approach?

It works.  This recording is now no. 9 on the Norwegian pop charts,
and it's climbing (started at 15 last week).  It has got rave reviews
in Norwegian newspapers.  There might be some nationalism in this though,
as the orchestra she is playing with is a Norwegian one.

I bought this CD a couple of weeks ago, and I like it very much. The cover
had nothing to do with my decision to buy it, as I buy everything that has
Mutter's name on it.

Tore F. Steenslid
http://members.xoom.com/torefs/