From:
Ramon Khalona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 18:16:42 -0400
Ralf Oehlmann <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have the feeling I've sighted a rarity.  It's Carl Schurichts/RSO
>Stuttgart version of Bruckner's 4th symphony from 1955.  Is it worth
>investing?

It is a rarity (I have it on Archiphon), but it is not as inspired as his
landmark Bruckner recordings (the 8th and 9th for EMI, and especially the
live 5th, all with the VPO).  An interesting document nevertheless, esp.
since it's the only extant B4 recording by such a masterful Bruckner
conductor.

Ramon Khalona
(wondering what a Schuricht 6th might have sounded like)