From:
Peter Lundin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 1999 10:49:19 +0200
Aaron J. Rabushka writes:

>If you're talking about the DSCH 8th Symphony recording with Litton
>conducting I would agree that it's not that great (although quite well
>played by the orchestra)--Litton makes it sound pretty rather than gutsy.

On the spot, the 8'th and the fifth (7'th?) I think, on Dorian with Andy
Litton are in the "never mind" category of DSCH recordings, musically
mute.

>On the other hand, a few months ago Claus Peter Flor let the Dallas
>Symphony in a DSCH 15th that was nothing less than stunning.

I wouldent be surpriced, Flor has been gaining on me, his Martinu
symphonies (RCA/nla?) are fine, and he conducted Beethovens 5'th & 7'th
with the Swedish Radio Symphony the other week, and despite my HIP
preferences I found his interpretations well judged.

peter lundin, gothenburg.se