From:
Anne Ozorio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 08:45:52 +0100
   Venture into China
   Stock: Chinese Flute Solos - Educate yourself in Chinese melody; a
   practical tutor trans. for Western flute
   http://www.schott-music.com/shop/products/show,42243.html

There used to be a shop in Covent Garden 30 years ago that sold autrhentic
upmarket Chinese flutes, but it's closed now.  They did good business
with percussion instruments - I wouldmn't be surprised if much we hear
today came from them.  I think there is a man in the north of England
who plays Chinese flute, and he'd know sources.  Still, this adapts to
western flutes, and might be a good start.

Anne