From:
Pablo Massa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2002 04:55:14 -0300
Some weeks ago, I asked about what were --in the opinion of the list-- the
worst films about composers ever made.  A listmember (I don't remember who)
mentioned Ken Russell's "Mahler" and I didn't pay it much attention, since
I was one of the lucky few who hadn't seen it yet.  Well, I lost that
condition yesterday at TV...and I repent much of not taking advice of such
gentle warning.  In general terms, I would like to ask: what the hell was
that movie, a failed poject by the Monty Pythons???.  Even "Inmortal
Beloved" seems a serious film compared to that!!!.  It has so many features
that are funny "malgre lui", for example, the whole part named "The
Converse", introducing Cosima Liszt as a sadomasochist Walkyrie...

Does anyone has a commentary about this film?.  Was it real?.  Wasn't it
a delirium of my own brain, overheated by 6 hours of watching Italian TV
contests at RAI?.  Does anyone knows where can I join a support therapy
group to deal with this?.

And someone was complaining about "Amadeus"!!

Pablo Massa