From:
James Tobin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:50:10 -0500
Don Satz's review of this is especially commendable for emphasizing
that a listener with a certain kind of taste may prefer a different kind
of performance than one that is preferred by the reviewer.  In so many
reviews I have read, the writer simply says something equivalent to "this
is better than that just because I say so" and if you are not highly
familiar with that writer's preferences you don't have a clue how you
are going to react yourself.  Sometimes you get burned after putting out
cold cash.

Jim Tobin