From:
Miguel Muelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 14:47:51 -0400
Roger Hecht wrote:

>Is that Neumann one the one he made in 1982 on Denon with some of Kosler's
>Janacek? If so, that is a delightful performance, lacking only the last
>ounce of excitement.  If this Kubelik is better, then it's something.  The
>Janacek stuff is very nice too, a reissue from the 70s, old fashioned and
>earthy.

No, the SUPRAPHON CD I have with Neumann is cat. # 11 1958-2 011, and is
pieced together from 5 performances in Prague in Feb & March of 1975.

In Prague they have entire sections of the stores dedicated to Ma Vlast!
There are indeed many versions to choose from.

There is a great little Czech music store with a website and low
international shipping rates, called Siroky Dvur, and they are at:

   http://cdmusic.cz/

Another site, Musica Bona is at:

   http://www.czechmusic.com/store1/

Czech prices are quite low, and the music, as you know, is top quality.

BTW, what are Smetana's Czech dances like?

Miguel Muelle
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.mindspring.com/~mmuelle