From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 20:29:20 PDT
Ron Chaplin wrote:

>I wonder why Vox hasn't been discussed until now?

It's because Ron didn't bring up Vox until today.  To the speedy go the
spoils.

I suppose Vox has not entered into this discussion because most of
their releases are not of new performances.  But, I can't deny, those are
fantastic prices for the older recordings as well as the new ones.  Getting
Brendel for just a few bucks, regardless of the date of recording, is
almost like magic for me.  And most of us have some favorite artists which
Vox has issued; that makes this label significant.

So we now have three labels on this thread: Vox, Naxos, and Arte Nova.
All three have great prices, some great performances, and receive my
serious consideration.  There are many more labels which are in my same
category, and I'd like to see the number rise substantially.

Don Satz