From:
Jon Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 16:20:33 -0400
Philip Peters wrote:

>I found it remarkable that someone so devoted to Debussy shouldn't mention
>Casadesus.  So what about the Casadesus Debussy?

Well, I wanted to hear those for years, and then fairly recently Sony
finally released them, but then the reviews bandied terms such as "Gallic
refinement" and "objectivity" about...  terms which for me usually turn out
to mean "too literal", "pretty to a fault" or "bland".  So I held off on
buying them.  But as I mentioned with Gieseking, critics and commentators
often describe things in terms of recieved knowledge and not in terms of
how they actually sound, so I do remain curious about Casadesus' Debussy.
Please tell me more, dear sir.

Jon Lewis