From:
Bill Pirkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:37:09 -0800
Mitch Friedfeld ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>And I do mean "for what that's worth," as Waterman claims that the
>Beatles' Because is a crib from Moonlight Sonata.  I don't see that
>at all.

In the book "A Hard Days Write" by Steven Turner, subtitled "The Stories
Behind Every Beatle's Song", page 194 reads:

   "John was relaxing at home, while Yoko played the first movement
   of Beethoven's Piano Sonata No 14 in C Sharp Minor (Moonlight Sonata)
   on the grand piano, John has said that he asked her if she could
   play the same chords in reverse order. This she did and it proved
   to be the inspiration for Because."

The next two paragraphs goes on the expatiate on this. I would say that
it depend on what one means by "crib" but it looks like it was.

This book is a must for those interested in these things.

Bill Pirkle