From:
Danny Tan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 13:46:13 +0800
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Concerning promotional CDs in general, I did work part-time in a classical
>music shop for about one year, and those promotional cds regularly were
>sent to the store.  Employees would write their name on particular ones and
>eventually, when the manager said okay, they took the cds home for good.
>With that as my reference point, I can't see paying full price for
>promotional products - they are used.

Lest some symphatetic list members are shaking their heads at how crazy
I am to be buying these promotional discs at "above" full price, I have
to mention that these discs are new, and packed in their original shrink
films.  The small hifi shop which I picked these from has written to
Everest to buy up all the remaining of the promo CDs, at huge discount of
course.  They are now selling these here for S$25, just about S$1 above
full price CDs.  I cannot find Everest in other CD stores at all (Jeff
will understand the difficulty of sourcing CDs in far flung places), that
is why I don't mind paying slightly more for the promo CDs.  BTW, I bought
2 CDs (both DG full price, which I can't find in the stores here), from
Amazon.com, and by the time it arrives in my home, they cost S$32 each
with shipping costs!  That is why it is still worth it to buy these Promo
Everest CDs for me, short of finding a job in Towers in the US or HMV in
the UK.:)