From:
Joseph Previte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 20:32:49 -0500
I am in the midst of some major cataloging and need some assistance.
I need the vocal castings (i.e.  soprano, tenor, mezzo-, etc.) for
the following roles in the following operas (BTW, if anyone has a
recommendation for a fairly thorough book where I might find such
information(aside from el gargantuan 'Grove') that would be great!):

Poulenc: dialogues des carmelites
La marquis de la Force
Blanche, sa fille
Le chevalier, son fils
Mme de Croissy, prieure du Carmel
Mme Lidoine, la nouvelle prieure
Mere Marie de l'Incarnation
Soeur Constance de Saint-Denis
Mere Jeanne
Soeur Mathilde
L'aumonier
Le geolier
Premier commissaire
Deuxieme commissaire
Premier officier
Thierry, laquais
M. Javelinot, medecin
Premiere vieille
Deuxieme vielle
Un vieux monsieur

Puccini: Tosca
Floria Tosca
Mario Cavaradossi
Scarpia
Cesare Angelotti
Spoletta
Sagrestano
Sciarrone
Carceriere
Pastore

Puccini: Madama Butterfly
Madama Butterfly
B.F. Pinkerton
Suzuki
Sharpless
Goro
Lo zio Bonzo
Kate Pinkerton
Il principe Yamadori
Lo zio Yakuside
L'ufticiale del registro
La madre
La zia
La cugina

Thanks, and if you want to respond privately, my address is below.

Joseph Previte