From:
Richard Claeys <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:59:53 -0700
Interesting, since I just "fired" BMG in December after a case of
bait-and-switch involving a set advertised for 80 percent off--before
shipping charges of $5 per disk were added back on.

I used the back-channel phone number (available via BMG Complaints on
Google) and talked to a real human being in Indiana, who literally begged
me to stay.  She could tell from my cumulative account records that I
had been a regular purchaser for more than 10 years, with CD spending
well north of $1,000.  But I cancelled the account right then, and
subsequent emails have been plaintive, along the lines of "we want you
back, please respond," etc.

I have the same feelings as Mitch, however, whenever I pick up one of
those cases marked "distributed by BMG Classical Music Service" and think
about waiting for those bulgy brown boxes delivered to the front door.
The times they are a-changing, indeed.

Dick Claeys