From:
Steve Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 23:27:10 -0000
I played flute in an ensemble that perormed the Suite a year ago, and I m
almost completely positive that Fantasia on the Dargason and The Irish
Washerwoman are not the same tune.

There are certainly stylistic similarities that appear continuously through
Irish folk music, and those similarities are finite enough to make one
question the possibility of them being the same.  However, I still do not
believe that they are the same.

May I suggest that, in the possibility that the two share a common origin,
the Dargason may be a variation on the theme of the Washerwoman.

"Steve Peters" <[log in to unmask]>