From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 09:48:39 PDT
When I arrived home from work yesterday, I found my mailbox, not on its
post, but sitting on the sidewalk.  It had a weighty box inside containing
15 cd packages.  I assume that when the mail delivery person shoved the
packages into the mailbox, the weight of it all was just too much.

After fixing the mailbox and doing the usual evening chores, I got down to
listening to some of the new music.  I opened the BIS disc of Freddy Kempf
playing Schumann, and I noticed that two cd's were in the case.  They were
identical - Kempf playing Schumann.

Once before, I opened a case and found nothing.  I never expected I'd find
more than the appropriate number.  Kempf sounds very good so far.  I'll
likely give the 2nd disc to my daughter who probably has heard little or no
Schumann in her life.  Once again, if you wait long enough, everything
comes full circle.

Don Satz