From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 15:45:06 -0800
Donald Satz wrote:

>I remember the Malloch issue being released about ten years ago, but I
>never did hear it.  Is the cd still in print?

I doubt it.  I picked up my copy 2nd hand a few months ago, not quite
knowing what to expect.

It's certainly not for purists, but I absolutely love some of the things
he did, in paricularl the very fast fugue (8? 9?) veers off to totally
unexpected places and makes me laugh out loud every time I hear it.

>Concerning the Saxophone
>version, I believe that's on MDG and performed by the Colfax something or
>another.

There's also a fine version by the Quatuors des Saxophones Nelligan from
Quebec on Oratoria ORCD-4106.

Deryk Barker