From:
Bruce Alan Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 21:54:22 -0600
"Richard Tsuyuki" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Which brings me to a slightly different thread.  What sort of
>recommendations does the list have for someone who's NOT interested in
>CM at all, *yet*: very young child (1 year old)? (I'm assuming we can
>avoid the "Mozart Effect" foolishness.) I suppose a few obvious answers
>immediately spring to mind: 1) Don't worry about it; have her listen to
>whatever I listen to.  2) Try to expose her to the broadest possible
>variety of music (medieval through Boulez, jazz, rock, rap, etc.).  3)
>Play her the RC (whatever that is).  Anyone have interesting comments
>on what sort of stuff is good for kids?

I would suggest a combination of 1 and 3.  Also, start her on some
sort of music activities as soon as she is old enough.  Not necessarily
formal instruction, but something like *kindermusik*, Orff, Kodaly, or
Montessori--games that develop her ear, sense of rhythm, and related
skills.

"Bruce Alan Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>