From:
Ulvi Yurtsever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:28:53 -0400
Kyle Major <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>There are many people who could study a Mozart sonata or a Bach chorale
>and then robotically compose something of similar quality, yet few people
>would take them seriously when you could have the real McCoy.

This kind of statement keeps getting made with amazing frequency.  What
exactly makes you think that someone who writes music at a quality level
similar to Bach will be ignored simply because he/she sounds like Bach?
Let's leave aside the Mozart sonatas, but I for one (and I'm sure there
are many, many others) will pay good money to hear more Bach-level music
regardless of who/when wrote it.  So, to all these fellows out there,
here is your chance to get rich.  Let's hear the next Art of Fugue, for
starters.

Ulvi