From:
Bill Pirkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 14:47:11 -0700
Ulvi wrote ...

>Yes, I do realize this benefit.  I was talking about MIDI as a performance
>alternative, that is, as an alternative to "human" performances of the
>"standard" repertoire.

Of course, when I started this thread I did not mean to imply that MIDI
music would be as good as "real performances".  But it has, technically
speaking, the potential to produce "good" music.  Soon, if not already, the
sound cards will faithfully reproduce orchestra voices, and the timing of
notes played can be chosen to provide, for example, rubato to add the human
element.

Bill Pirkle