From:
Dave Mepham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 05:09:05 EDT
There was a release many moons ago by EMI Premier (a division of EMI
to release crossover and soundtracks) to follow up Holst's Planets.  It
was called Planets Volume 2, cat.#CDC5561512 (in the UK) Planets 2 was
released in September 1996, but was deleted a year later(it didn't sell
well, unfortunately, which was a shame because the tracks weren't at all
that bad.  I've not got the track listing on me (i've got it at home), but
it did use one of the movements from Atterburg's Second Symphony to depict
Earth.) It included movements for Earth, the Moon, and several of the Moons
of the other planets.  If anyone would actually like to know the track
listing, email me, I'll dig out the disc.

Whilst on the subject of The Planets - have list members listened to
the version for two pianos which Holst wrote while working on the piece.
It's a stunning work - and preceded the orchestral version in public
performance.

Dave Mepham
www.hmv.co.uk