From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 18:46:13 -0600
Dear Colleagues, Here are some upcoming concerts by The Helios Ensemble,
some of them way in advance so you can plan to fly in from overseas to
catch them.  =)

Saturday: November 25, Dallas Museum of Art, 3:00 pm admission free!

Program:

Ascendit Deus: Phillips
Sicut Cervus: Palestrina
Cum essem parvulus: Lasso
Ave Maria: Josquin
Salve Regina: Obrecht
Hark! All Ye LovelySaints: Weelkes
April Is In My Mistress' Face: Morley
All Creatures Now: Bennet
LaGuerre: Jannequin
Il Bianco: Arcadelt
As Vesta Was: Weelkes
Draw On Sweet Night: Wilbye

Saturday February 17,2001

Glory Hallelujah! A Celebration of Gospel Music in Honor of Black
History Month
Location TBA. Tickets $10 adults and $8 Students and seniors.

Program:

O Happy Day! Arr. Larry Farrow
Praise His Holy Name: Kieth Hampton
Maybe God is Trying to Tell you Something: Quincy Jones et. al.
Precious Lord, Take My Hand: Arr. Arnold Sevier

The Gospel Mass: Robert Ray

Saturday, May 5, 2001, The Episcopal Church of the Incarnation, Dallas, TX
8:00 pm with (we hope pending further arrangements) a special guest
appearance from the Center School District (Kansas City, MO) madrigal
singers, Joseph Hamm, conductor.

Program: Mors et Resurrectio

Three Motets for Good Friday        Kevin M. Clarke
O vos omnes            Tomas Luis di Victoria
O vos omnes            Pablo Casals
Tristis est anima mea        Johann Friedrich Kuhnau
O Crux    Knut Nystedt

Resurrectio            Larry King (organ solo, Kevin M. Clarke, organist)

Jesu Meine Freude   Johann Sebastian Bach

Hope you can join us.  For further information about The Helios Ensemble
and to book an appearance by the choir, email us at [log in to unmask] or
telephone 214.696.5614.

Kevin Sutton
Artistic Director and Conductor
The Helios Ensemble