From:
John Dalmas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 22:57:19 -0500
Susan asked:

>>...  My question is: is there music associated with this day, besides
>>Good King Wenceslas looked out, On the Feast of Stephen...?

Doris replied:

>This is the only one listed under Feasts and such other than Christmas,
>in the New Oxford Book of Carols.  which is pretty comprehensive!

In the Episcopal Church in the U.S. the old standby for St.Stephen's used
to be "All Saints New," a general hymn that begins "The Son of God goes
forth to war . . ." Un-PC in recent decades but rather appropriate this
year, eh what?

(With apologies to any Moslems on the list)

John Dalmas