From:
Ulvi Yurtsever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 14:44:23 -0400
William Jenks <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Once in a while, I see another instrumentation offered...a brass group and
>an orchestral version come to mind.  Any comments and/or recommendations
>out there on these non-keyboard and non-string-quartet interpretations?

Among the orchestral versions, Reinhard Goebel on Archiv (with various
small groups of authentic instruments), and for maximum variety Max
Pommer on Capriccio (may be nla), whose orchestration mixes large-scale
romantic-style forces with small ensembles of authentic instruments
(yes, modern and authentic strings mixed together).

Ulvi